Wednesday, August 22, 2012

D.C. Pictures

I found some awesome sights that, as a reader and author, I couldn't resist sharing. These are all pictures I took on my trip to Washington D.C. earlier this year.

Hillwood Estate. For lovers of antiques and beautiful gardens




 From the Old Apothecary Shop on King Street. Yes, these are real names of old roots and remedies!



Thomas Jefferson is my hero! "I cannot live without books."


 Beautiful Library of Congress. If you ever go, be sure to check out Thomas Jefferson's Library that is on display and the reading room. Sorry, no cameras allowed!

 The Hall of Remembrance at the Holocaust Memorial Museum. One of the most heart-wrenching places on Earth.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I loved Jefferson's library in the LoC. LoC was one of my favorite spots in DC (just behind the Folder's Shakespeare Library)

    I really want to take my kids there but I don't know if they'll appreciate it. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your awesome support!