Monday, August 27, 2012

Updates

I am somewhere between my 20th or 100th self-edit. This time through is for catching those pesky, hard-to-spot character and plot inconsistencies. My favorite so far: A character claims she doesn't like tuna sandwiches when just a chapter earlier she and her friend ate tuna for lunch...oops. She either doesn't like tuna, but only on certain days, or needs to find something else to eat. ;)
 Further updates: Book Two is coming along slowly. My characters recently revealed some plot elements that I wasn't not aware of before that require some reexamining of earlier chapters.
Also, I hiked and explored Timpanogos Cave this weekend for some valuable insights into my cave dwelling creatures' lair. Can I just say, calcium carbonate formations are fascinating and sure to make an appearance! I think God's creations are so awe inspiring and as a writer it is impossible to capture the true beauty and majesty that nature's variety provides. Hopefully my painful attempts will at least lead others to see it for themselves.

Upcoming Giveaways: Be sure to visit my giveaway page September 1-6th for a chance to win a $10 Amazon giftcard. Please tell your friends and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your awesome support!