Monday, October 22, 2012

Changing Blog Name? and A New Project!

I know my blog name keeps changing lately. You are probably thinking I am an indecisive person who just can't make up her mind. Well, you are part right. The other part is that I come up with brilliant names only to discover they are already taken by someone who is much smarter and quicker than myself. ;) I'm actually quite taken with this new one, so, perhaps I have finally hit on the winning title.
Other news: I am getting so exited for NaNoWriMo next week. Between outlining that project and getting to know my new characters, while still appeasing my current WIP characters and getting feedback on The Mark, and learning the ins and outs of numerous databases that will supposedly make this whole author thing a little more easy to handle (Ha! Like I believe that), it has been a crazy couple of weeks. Anyhow, here is a brief glimpse at my latest project, Dark Heritage.

Excerpt:
"Slaine." I struggle to breathe as I, for the first time since that fateful night, face my sister's murderer.
Disappointment shrouds my heart. This man, in his expensive black, Italian suit and leather shoes, polished until they shine, does not at all resemble the demon of my nightmares. Where are the red eyes and fangs I often imagined?
"Delusional," the therapists called me and I believed them.
"An accident," my parents murmured, and I agreed even as the truth, or so I thought, haunted my nights. I face the reality before me. Chocolate eyes hold mine, their cold amusement an odd contrast to their warm color. My nails dig into my palms so hard I feel beads of sticky wetness beneath them.
"Slaine." The name drops from my lips like a curse.









3 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of giving NaNoWriMo a whirl this year. It's always so hard to do with the holidays, but I'll definitely set goals during that month and give it my all to see them through. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I know it can get crazy this time of year, but we can do it! Good luck!

      Delete

Thanks for your awesome support!