Tuesday, February 5, 2013

IWSG-February


My post is super short today. I just wanted to share some exciting news. Someone, besides family, has read my current WIP. The best part about this is that person then asked, "What else have you written?" They can't wait to read more of my work. I can tell you the warm tingles haven't stopped yet.

Finding your audience is tough, but if you write something worth reading, someone will read it. I know I've struggled, and probably will struggle in times to come, with the feeling of inadequacy and that I'm putting all this time and effort into something that will never be appreciated. Today I wish to say: There is hope! As my little moment of fame demonstrates.

You'll be awesome and others--the only people who matter to you--will think so too.

Happy Writing!

Side note: Shallee McArthur had a great post yesterday about When to Let Go of a Manuscript that I loved. It came right on the heels of my own post about the difficult decision I've recently made to let go of a story that is no longer working for me. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for those warm tingles! I can imagine how thrilled you must have been. :)

    So nice to meet you through the IWSG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is always a good feeling! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your awesome support!