Monday, April 1, 2013

Fraction of Stone-Author Guest Post

Today I've been hijacked by the fabulous Kelley Lyn. I'm so excited to have her here, and for her new fantasy adventure that released last month. Take it away, Kelley!

 Hello there!

Thanks so much to M.R. Buttars for hosting a day on my FRACTION OF STONE release tour! 


My name is Kelley Lynn and my debut novel, FRACTION OF STONE, was released by Sapphire Star Publishing on March 21st, 2013. So far it’s getting really good reviews, which in reality is much more important to me then the amount sold. I just want people to like it, to think about it long after the last page.

M. R. wanted me to do a little more than offer you Amazon gift cards and signed books, so I’ve written up a bit about why weather is such a huge theme in my debut.

My mother has always been fascinated (can I say, slightly obsessed) with weather. I will attempt to show you this with a story.

Growing up, our house had been struck by lightening three times. Yes, three. So lightening does strike the same place more than once, FYI. We had a video camera and before our house was struck for the third time my mother was standing on our porch videoing the coming storm. It did look beautiful. The rumbling of the thunder, and the flashes of light against the dark clouds. So powerful. So alive.

The film cuts out and the next clip you see is my mother videotaping the siding from our house which is strewn all over our yard because, yes, the lightening struck the side of the house and put a hole in our garage.

Cut to my novel, FRACTION OF STONE. Before I started writing it I asked my mother what she would like to see in a book (if she read, which she doesn’t… so maybe she wasn’t the best person to ask but, mom’s know everything, right?) She said she’d love to read about weather. (Big surprise there.) But I ran with it.

In FRACTION OF STONE, there’s a guy and there’s a girl and perhaps their biggest obstacle in the story isn’t a person at all (though there are many who try to hurt them). Their biggest worry is the world, which is falling apart. Earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, the works. I think it’s something unique to FRACTION OF STONE which isn’t seen often in books. I hope I do these scenes justice. Show the vast power the world possesses, even in the process of dying. And how no matter what humanity does, they can’t possibly fight this foe.
Thanks again to M.R. Buttars for having me! If anyone has any questions, or would like to share your weather woes, I’d love to hear them. Feel free to discuss in the comments. I’ll be around J

Fraction of Stone by Kelley Lynn
Release Date: March 21st, 2013 by Sapphire Star Publishing
Genre: YA Fantasy


Book Description:

Wind tunnels, torrential rains and earthquakes tear apart Casden. The cause of the world’s imbalance is unknown, but the mounting occurrences suggest there’s little time before life ceases to exist.

Rydan Gale and Akara Nazreth are the only humans with the ability to wield magic. The tattoo on their necks and the discovery of an ancient book, dictate they are the key to the world’s survival.

But the greatest obstacle for saving mankind isn’t the bizarre creatures, extreme betrayals and magic-fearing men hunting them.

It’s that Akara doesn’t believe the world is worth saving. 




About the Author:

Eventually the day came when the voices in Kelley Lynn’s head were more insistent then her engineering professor’s. So instead of turning to her Thermodynamics book, Kelley brought up a blank page on her computer screen and wrote. Somewhere along the way she became a Young Adult author.

Kelley was born and raised a Midwestern girl. She’s not afraid to sweat and fills her free time with softball, soccer and volleyball. (Though you probably don’t want her on your volleyball team.) She occasionally makes guest appearances as a female vocalist for area bands.

You can find Kelley hanging out at her blog, titled in her name, as well as the group blog she shares with her fellow critique partners, Falling for Fiction. Kelley is a member of the Society of Children’s Books Writers and Illustrators.

Kelley Lynn's Links: Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

a Rafflecopter giveaway

4 comments:

Thanks for your awesome support!