Sunday, May 19, 2013

21 Principles Book Review

Richard G. Scott's 21 Principles: Divine Truths To Help You Live By The Spirit




Struggling with how to increase your testimony? Trying to find that added dose of spirituality to get you through your day? I would definitely recommend getting this book. The spiritual messages are short, but pack quite the punch. Each principle can be read over the course of many days, or the entire book can be enjoyed in a sitting. As you ponder and think about Elder Scott's words, you will feel your own testimony and commitment to the gospel increase. 
I chose to read a principle a day for the past 21 days. It was so simple to read the short 2-3 pages for each principle in the little bit of time I found. Though my actual time spent with the book was short, I found my thoughts reflecting on Elder Scott's teachings and testimony all day long. My own faith in the principles he highlights increased each day without my conscious realization.  
With powerful testimonials and examples on each topic, Elder Scott touches hearts and spirits in ways that have the potential to increase understanding and faith.
"Sincere love has the potential to exercise power far beyond our limited understanding of love." 
"Adversity is a part of life. We will have it because we need it for growth and for the forging of our righteous character."  
"I learned that there is a relationship between faith and character. The greater our faith in Jesus Christ, the stronger our character, and increased character enhances our ability to exercise greater faith." 
These and many more nuggets of wisdom Elder Scott has gained through years of dedication to the gospel and the Savior, can help give you that added dose of spirituality you need to get you through the day. I loved this book and plan to read it again many times in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your awesome support!