Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I have been trying to juggle a couple different projects at the moment. Let me tell you, drafting one book while revising another isn't easy. I need to pick one to focus on, but I'm not sure which part of my brain wants to be more dominant at the moment. *sigh*


I'm about a chapter into drafting my tale based off the Sleeping Beauty fairytale. And, I've revised the first chapter of Dark Heritage. Yea for progress! No matter how slow it seems.

Creativity has been a bit hard as of late due to a lot of stress and other demands on my time. (This is a common problem right now. My wishes for happier days goes out to all who are struggling!) But, by writing one word at a time, I'll reach my goals. That really is the key to success. All the how-to books or secret writing tips in the world will never replace old-fashioned tenacity and persistence.

Keep writing, and enjoy the journey!

How has your week been? What progress have you made?


6 comments:

  1. I decided last week to write my first MG novel. Haven't started the WIP yet but have written down the names and two sentence BIOS for a few of the characters. The main one's name is Jupiter. And you're the first person I've told this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I love MG and Jupiter sounds like an awesome name. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. I'm doing the same thing-- drafting AND revising. And yeah. It's sort of killing me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it is quite the brain stretcher. Thanks! Best of luck with your projects!

      Delete
  3. Good luck on both of your projects! I am doing the same thing. Somedays I love it and somedays I think I must be crazy.Simply Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As writers, I think we are all a little crazy. ;) Good luck to you as well! We can do it!

      Delete

Thanks for your awesome support!