Wednesday, June 5, 2013

IWSG Post

Time for another round of airing my insecurities to you awesome, talented people.

This past month I've been struggling to write and put myself out there in the writing world. As a newbie I often feel like I'm trying to break into an exclusive club that I will never be included in. I haven't joined any in-person groups because I'm afraid I won't have anything worthwhile to contribute. For the same reason my participation in online groups has been pretty nonexistent. What if they take one look at my writing attempts and laugh? Also, my progress towards my writing dreams is so slow I never have anything new or exciting to report. I don't feel like a real writer. I've only completed two manuscripts, one of which I'm terrified to start revising because I'll realize what a terrible writer I really am. I know its sounds psychotic but those are the dark little thoughts that have been rattling inside my brain for months.

I do write though. Maybe not as regularly as I should, but enough that I'm not giving up on my dreams. Maybe I won't be one of those awesome people who releases 2-3 books a year. Or someone whose first book is a national bestseller. Maybe I won't be published by the time I'm twenty-five. Maybe I'll be the turtle not the hare. Whatever way it happens, I will reach my goals through sheer stubbornness, if nothing else.

Now that I've aired my dirty laundry. How are you amazing, because you really are amazing, writers doing?

3 comments:

  1. Hi M.R. I guess I'm amazing in that the MG story I told you about in a past post is my WIP for my JuNoWriMo. I hope to get close to 10,000 words today. Completing a manuscript makes you a super writer. Don't ever doubt yourself and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to write, write. If you don't write, you'll never be a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. M.J. that is so true!

    Sheena-kay, thanks! Good luck on your JuNoWriMo project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your awesome support!