Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Indie Life-Karen E. Hoover Spotlight

Because being Indie doesn't have to mean going it alone.

My post for this month is a spotlight of an awesome indie author I met last year. At the small, unassuming Snow College in Ephraim, UT I met the lively and fun Karen Hoover. 
I picked up her book,  The Misadventures of a Teenage Wizard: Two Souls Are Better Than One, and was hooked. Karen has a wonderful imagination and the charm and humor of her characters left me wishing for more (thankfully I discovered she had two more books out at the time.) 

Speaking of her books, isn't this a great cover? I love the kid's smile. 
Two Souls Are Better Than One (The Misadventures of a Teenage Wizard, #1)

Since that fateful day at Snow College, I have come to learn more about this talented author. Not only does she possess a great imagination, but also a very big heart and a great deal of fortitude. She continues to smile and write despite some serious health and family obstacles. She is definitely a great example to me of perseverance and dedication in the face of adversity, so I dedicate this months Indie Life to her.

Karen writes Middle-Grade and YA fantasy adventures. Visit her blog, A Writer's Ramblings, to learn more about her and her books. 

More awesome Indies!
 

5 comments:

  1. Her cover is adorable. The story sounds great.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    http://secondhandshoesnovel.blogspot.com/2013/07/indie-life-things-i-miss-and-irk-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a hilarious story. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats to Karen! And happy Indie Life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I not see this? Wow, thanks so much! :D Totally lifted my spirits. You totally rock.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your awesome support!