Wednesday, August 7, 2013

IWSG-Life, life, and more life






I'm doing alright on the whole insecurity things at the moment. Mostly because I haven't had a chance tow work on writing, other than reading books about writing, for the past couple weeks. Work, life and car troubles have me firmly rooted in reality. Blah.

One thing I have learned this last week is that life is not always convenient for writing. I've been told for awhile that you have to make time for writing. You have to take advantage of the little moments of down time that come up everyday, or every couple days. I never put much stock in that, but I'm learning fast.

Breakfast and lunch is now writing time. Walking to work is study writing time. Networking time is now writing time (sorry I've been absentee lately, I should have time to at least make some sort of appearance on Facebook, Twitter, and here again in September).

Any time that isn't filled with life's other demands has become writing, thinking about writing, planning writing, or studying writing time. It isn't the ideal way to have the best creative output, but it is all I can do right now. And, for once in my life, I'm okay with just doing the best I can with the crazy moments life has tossed me.

Good luck with balancing you crazy writing lives!

4 comments:

  1. Balance is the key, for sure. Love your background. It's magical. I keep waiting for a tiny fairy to flutter by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I were tech savvy enough to have a fairy flit by. ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you're making writing time. Hope your car is fixed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see someone actually writing most IWSG this month is about not being able to find time. So you're on the right track.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your awesome support!