Wednesday, October 2, 2013

IWSG-Rekindling the flame







Wait. It's October already? When did that happen? *scratches head in wonder*

Sorry for the delayed post. The new month sneaked (Why is is sneaked? Snuck sounds so much better. English!) up on me, and I'm getting over a nasty cold. Fuzzy brain plus blogging, this should be fun if not coherent.

Ahem, anyhow, October is my favorite month. Fall is in the air, Halloween approaches, and I get to immerse myself into research for my latest NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) project. What isn't to love?

I really need NaNoWriMo this year, and hope it rekindles the writing fire inside me. I'll admit, my desire to do so has dwindled to an ember over the past couple months. Questions and doubts plague me.

Will I ever make it?

I've been a beginner forever, and still have so much to learn!

Am I ever going to have a novel ready for publication?

Is writing just a waste of time and an excuse not to be a real grownup?

Nobody cares what I have to say, blah, blah, blah.

The list goes on and on. It is there every time I sit down to write a thought, a paragraph, anything. I finally gave up on writing regularly just to get the voice to ease up a little. Writing is not supposed to be connected to depression. It used to be a happy, freeing experience. When did it start mattering whether anyone else in the world cares that I'm a writer? When did the future of the book become more important than the journey?

Whenever it happened, I miss the joy of creating.

So that's my goal for the lovely month of October. I'm going to enjoy every second of the learning journey as I prepare to write my latest project. (Psst, it's a good one!) I'm not going to even try to picture the finished product. I'm not going to worry if it is ever read and adored by millions. Do I like it? Yes. Am I excited for the awesome story? Yes. Am I suddenly overly fascinated with ghosts and death statistics? Yes. Great! I'm on the right track.

I hope you all have a month full of writing and life adventures. Keep writing and dreaming!

Anyone else super excited for NaNoWriMo?

1 comment:

  1. Actually, to me, it sounds like you're in the perfect place for NaNo! I bet it will be fun. :)

    Nice to visit your blog.
    Julie Luek
    A Thought Grows
    Co-host IWSG October


    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your awesome support!