Monday, October 21, 2013

Just Ella Book Review


A proper, clean Romance

Ariella was only looking for a distraction, something to break up the monotony of palace life. What she found was a young man willing to overlook her title and show her a new and vibrant way of life. But when her growing feelings for Gavin spiral out of control and clash with the expectations of her station, she will discover that the consequences of her curiosity are far more severe than she'd imagined.

"I watched in helpless horror as two guards hauled Gavin to his feet and dragged him from the room. My voice was frozen, unable to protest as another guard took hold of my arm, leading me upstairs. From the confines of my room, I stared into the darkness beyond my window, hoping to catch one more glimpse of Gavin. He was gone, and I wondered if he would have been better off if he had never met me."





My Review
5 out of 5 stars

This novel is a breath of fresh air in the YA romance market. Princess Ariella is a delightful, strong, complex character that draws you into the story. Her friendship, and budding romance, with the handsome gardener, Gavin, is realistic and sweet. The struggles they face show that love is not always an easy path to tread, but is worth every pain in the end.

Larsen gives her characters tough choices and makes them actually deal with the consequences of every decision, good and bad. I loved how it showed that life is not always easy, and doing the right thing is never the most comfortable choice to make. Ariella is spunky, but also very human. I like how she is constantly growing and striving to be better. Despite her family's faults she loves them, but in the end she has to learn to choose her own path in life. A great coming of age story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your awesome support!