Monday, October 14, 2013

Spring Cleaning in October

You ever feel like a juggler who can't keep any of the balls in the air?

That has become my life lately. I'm trying to see so many different balls at once, they all end up on the ground.

 So even though I know it is a bit late in the year, my life is definitely in need of some de-cluttering love. Not that I don't enjoy everything I have in my life right now. I've just realized that the constant exhaustion and stress is not necessary. And if I'm so busy picking up balls I don't get anything accomplished, I'm not at my most productive.

Ground rules for relearning to juggle:

1) God is important. Take time for Him and the day feels more manageable.

2) Health is important. Exercise is not a waste of time. Do it!

3) Family is going to be there long after the characters fade, but this moment won't. Cherish every beautiful moment with my loved ones.

4) Writing is a worthwhile dream. Don't worry about how much I do compared to others. Work on it a little everyday, and I will reach the finish line.

In order to get my life back on track, I know a lot of great things will have to take a backseat for awhile. I may not win any races anytime soon, but I'm excited to have time to spend on those things that are most important to me. Life will even out and things will trickle back into my life, but this time I hope to keep it at a more manageable pace. (This said with a sheepish grin because I know myself to well. But I will try not to overload myself. We'll see how it goes.)

Life is meant to be full of joy. Embrace it!
 



Have a week full of wonder and happiness!

3 comments:

  1. I needed this, especially the reminder that this moment won't last. It's so easy to get caught up in all the writing stuff I need to do and forget to stop and enjoy my husband and children. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all need this reminder sometimes. I know I do on a daily basis. ;) I agree, writing can get a bit time consuming (er, devouring) at times. Have fun with your adorable little boys, and I look forward to the next Twinland adventure! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. New follower here. I'm so glad to find a new writing/blogging friend. I'm glad to see you reassessing. I need to do this as well. I've been on burnout for the last few months. Prayer, time, and love will help. Thanks for the reminder. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your awesome support!