Monday, June 13, 2016

Summer Madness


Whew! It's only the first couple weeks of summer, and I'm already exhausted. I've had a great beginning with visits to family and friends, and lots of birthday, graduation, etc., parties.

Amid all the chaos, I've managed to make a couple of my smaller writing deadlines, but still have a little less than 10K words on my current novel-length work. Fingers crossed that I can get it done this week, so I can move on to the next step. 

In other news, I'm so excited for the many upcoming adventures, including an amazing editing internship opportunity. If you haven't checked out the Eschler Editing website, do so. They have tons of articles on everything writing and publishing. So helpful! While focusing on that, I also have grand ambitions to outline/organize my notes for a couple new books, draft a half-finished manuscript that's gathering dust in a drawer, and make a dent in my to-read list. I may need a nap to gear up for it all!

Awesome side note: Just received a Steampunk Proper Romance to review in my mailbox. Yeah, pretty much grinning like a fool. Now to find time to read it. Hmm . . . the bathroom door has a lock . . . and I can write tomorrow . . .

All the writing stuff, of course, gets interwoven throughout spending tons of time with my family and creating some great memories, some of which may actually involve not getting lost or forgetting some crucial item. Then again, where's the fun in that? 

Among our many planned adventures, we're headed to the pageants in Nauvoo next month. Yay! Now to invent a personal air-conditioning unit to carry around with me. So hot!

What are your plans this summer? Writing? Non-writing? 

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great start to summer, making memories. Good job setting clear writing goals and typing away at them. The locked door idea is pretty good - I may try that. Besides the gym, the pool, t-ball, a musical, plus all things kid related, we're painting the entire interior of our house. One room at a time. I'm switching to audio books so I don't go through withdrawal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your awesome support!